The designation Certified Professional Life Coach (CPLC) or Certified Professional Leadership Coach (CPLC) is awarded to those who meet our high standards of training, experience and proficiency as demonstrated by completion of the following:
- The Essentials of Life Coaching or The Essentials of Leadership Coaching, or an equivalent introductory coach training course that is aligned with the ICF Core Competencies & Code of Ethics (43 hours).
- Coaching Skills Development practicum (34 hours).
- Coaching Skills Mastery practicum (31 hours).
- Ethical Practice & Liability Risk Management (10 hours).
- MP3 recording of a coaching session (not required if CSM began prior to 01/01/2018).
- 50 or more clock hours of professional coaching services rendered to clientele and compensated financially through private fees or as part of an employment job description (10 hours of which may be pro bono).
- 5 clock hours or more of individual Mentor Coaching by a PCC or MCC (ICF-certified) coach, specifically addressing coaching skills and staffing cases.
Once you have completed all of the above, you may apply using the CPLC Application in the Student Center to be awarded our Certified Professional Life Coach (CPLC) credential or our Certified Professional Leadership Coach (CPLC) credential, depending on which Essentials course you completed.