Partnering with a Mentor Coach over an extended period of time is an effective and valuable way to sharpen your skills as a coach, while at the same time exploring and discovering your unique expression of the ICF Core Competencies.
While there are minimum requirements for mentor coaching as a part of the certification and/or credentialing process, we encourage students to cultivate this important partnership as an ongoing component of their support and development as a coach, beyond these minimum requirements.
According to the ICF, “Mentor Coaching for an ICF Credential consists of coaching and feedback in a collaborative, appreciative and dialogued process based on an observed or recorded coaching session to increase the coach’s capability in coaching, in alignment with the ICF Core Competencies.” (ICF)
Several of our PCCI Faculty members serve our students as trained and approved mentor coaches. Those wishing to become credentialed as a Certified Professional Life or Leadership Coach (CPLC), and those wishing to pursue ICF credentialing will need to contract directly with one of these PCCI-approved mentor coaches for at least the minimum required individual (1:1) hours. See the chart below for more information on the minimum hours required for your certification and/or credentialing path.
The Mentor Coaching Packages include:
- Three or Five one-hour individual (1:1) mentor coaching sessions by phone or zoom with a faculty member who is ICF-credentialed at the PCC or MCC level, focusing on the development and sharpening of your coaching skills according to the ICF Core Competencies.
- Immediate feedback on your strengths and areas for continued improvement.
- A letter of validation from your mentor coach that you can use to apply for CPLC certification.
The first bundle of 3 or 5 individual (1:1) mentor coaching hours is available to PCCI students at the following rates, effective January 1, 2023. Mentor coaching hours beyond these first 3 or 5 are subject to the rates of the individual mentor coaches (please discuss this with your potential mentors).
For Mentor Coaches holding an ICF PCC Credential:
- 3 individual (1:1) sessions, 1 hour each: $540.00
- 5 individual (1:1) sessions, 1 hour each: $900.00
For Mentor Coaches holding an ICF MCC Credential:
- 3 individual (1:1) sessions, 1 hour each: $720.00
- 5 individual (1:1) sessions, 1 hour each: $1200.00
Individual mentor coaching services are contracted directly with the PCCI-approved faculty mentor, and payment is submitted to the mentor directly (not through PCCI). Click on the Faculty Mentors and Contact a Faculty Mentor tabs near the top of this page to view a list of mentors and to send contact requests.
<!–– BRYAN BROWN ––>
<!–– LINDA HEDBERG ––>
<!–– STEVE CROMER ––>
<!–– WENDE GAIKEMA ––>
<!–– ANDREW GORTER ––>
<!–– JORDAN MERCEDES ––>
<!–– TODD KEMP ––>
<!–– DEBI ZAAS ––>
<!–– BRIAN ZAAS ––>
<!–– KRIS KELSO ––>
<!–– CINDY SCHMELZENBACH ––>
<!–– SCOTT FRICKENSTEIN ––>
<!–– PAMELA MERTZ ––>
<!–– BRENT O’BANNON ––>
<!–– TBD ––>
Please fill out the form below to contact one of the faculty mentor coaches:
"*" indicates required fields