With the plethora of Christian coaching books on the market, it can be difficult to know which ones to buy. We believe the titles below are some of the best, reflecting not only our high standards but those set by the International Coach Federation.
- Christian Coaching, Second Edition: Helping Others Turn Potential into Reality by Gary Collins — In this highly acclaimed textbook and reference for Christian coaches, leaders, pastors, and counselors, Dr. Collins offers biblical principles, how-tos, and practical tools to enhance your coaching skills. Full of real-world wisdom and practical advice, it will equip you to help people get from where they are to where they want to be. (Adapted from a description on Amazon.com.)
- Leadership Coaching: The Disciplines, Skills, and Heart of a Christian Coach by Tony Stolzfus — Do you want to increase your effectiveness in working with people, developing leaders, and transforming lives? Leadership Coaching can show you how. The book includes an in-depth look at the heart of a coach: the values and character qualities that give coaching its tremendous power, demonstrating how coaching fits with the broader purposes of God in history. Leadership Coaching delivers the practical insights you need to coach effectively. (Adapted from a description on Amazon.com.)
- Co-Active Coaching: Changing Business, Transforming Lives, Third Edition, by Henry Kimsey-House, Karen Kimsey-House, Phillip Sandahl, and Laura Whitworth — This third edition of Co-Active Coaching takes the Co-Active coaching model to a new level, providing tools and techniques to help you succeed as a coach, and helping employees at every level of a company achieve their personal and professional best. (Adapted from the book’s back cover.)
- Effective Group Coaching: Tried and Tested Tools and Resources for Optimum Coaching Results by Jennifer Britton — Effective Group Coaching is a practical, resource rich, hands-on guide for the group coaching facilitator in one of the fastest growing new disciplines. Case studies highlight how group coaching programs are being delivered globally through corporate and public programs, virtually, and in person. (Adapted from the description on Amazon.com.)
- Coaching Questions: A Coach’s Guide to Powerful Asking Skills by Tony Stoltzfus — The single most important skill in coaching is asking powerful questions. In Coaching Questions, coach trainer Tony Stoltzfus joins with other professional coaches to present dozens of valuable asking tools, models, and exercises, and then illustrates these coaching strategies with over 1,000 examples of penetrating questions. (Adapted from the description on Amazon.com.)
Which books will you add to your coaching library?
Free Coach Training!
Learn from the BEST Christian Coaches!
Whether you’re exploring Christian coaching, a brand-new or seasoned coach, this powerful resource will deepen your learning, skill, and effectiveness.