Based upon 17 years of training more than 3,500 Christians throughout the world, the majority of our students consistently secure paying clients on their caseloads before this introductory course is finished.
Our curriculum is designed around Dr. Gary Collins’ foundational book, Christian Coaching, and 2 other outstanding texts. The course is aligned with the standards of both the International Coach Federation (ICF) and the Christian Coaches Network International (CCNI).
All classes are taught live, via Telebridge, and supplemented with home study as well as interactive peer coaching groups meeting by Telebridge each week. In this class you will:
- Master critical distinctions between coaching, counseling, consulting, mentoring, & discipling.
- Learn the Core Competencies of Coaching as established by the International Coach Federation (ICF).
- Integrate your Christian faith & worldview into your work with both Christian & non-Christian clients.
- Develop the skills, tools & techniques necessary for effective coaching practice.
- Explore Christian coaching principles in Scripture, using these as your basis & mandate for practice.
- Learn the keys to forming a strong coaching alliance with your clients.
- Study the latest research behind remarkable goal attainment and lasting change.
- Hear live role play demonstrations & case examples by your instructors – two ICF-certified coaches.
- Process readings from 3 exceptional texts and get direct answers to your questions.
- Practice coaching skills live in telephone lab sessions and in class, receiving real-time feedback from instructors.
- Learn to structure questions in a genuinely exploratory manner to avoid ‘leading’ your clients.
- Develop the ability to hear beyond your clients’ words through their inflections, pace, energy, & even silence.
- Become comfortable in confusion, embracing questions in a true spirit of curiosity and discovery.
- Practice the skill of becoming ‘invisible’ as your clients listen to the Holy Spirit & their God-given desires.
- Help clients operationalize their visions, setting measurable goals & timelines.
- Learn empowerment skills to place clients more in-touch with their abilities & resources for dramatic change.
- Foster accountability that really works – through you, not to you.
- Marshal pain & passion – the two great human motivators for change.
- Understand the principles of enhanced personal and team performance.
- Learn what to do with resistance to change, and how to help a client get ‘unstuck.’
- Identify and work with core values, vision, purpose, & mission.
- Develop self-monitoring skills in your ‘use of self’ in this contractual, designed relationship.
- Explore several major niches in Christian coaching to begin specializing in your areas of greatest passion.
- Experience dramatic personal growth as you work through the very exercises you will use with clients.
- Catch vision for the future of Christian coaching and how to position yourself in this explosive new field.
Upcoming Class Dates
TIME: 6:00 – 8:00 PM Eastern
DATES: February 21 – May 30, 2017
INSTRUCTORS: Bryan Brown & Cheryl Scanlan, MCC
TIME: 6:00 – 8:00 PM Eastern
DATES: June 12th – October 2, 2017 (NOTE: Class will not meet on 6/26, 9/4)
INSTRUCTORS: Charles Hooper, PCC & Cheryl Scanlan, MCC
TIME: 5:00 – 7:00 PM Eastern
DATES: November 13, 2017 – March 19, 2018 (NOTE: Class will NOT meet on 12/18, 12/25, 01/01 and 02/26)
INSTRUCTORS: Bryan Brown, PCC & Cheryl Scanlan, MCC